Thursday, July 24, 2008

I ♥ Target.com!

I currently have two favorite stores for shopping online: Walmart.com and Target.com. Surprised? Well, since I don't get out much, online shopping is the bomb for me! So I've done a lot of it over the years and these two sites are the best for selection, variety, and price! I have to rate Target a little higher than Walmart because they tend to maintain available inventory much, much better. When I find something while shopping I put it in my wish basket to purchase later when I have the funds to budget for it. Trouble is, it seems Walmart is often sold out of some items within a few days. This is also why I quit shopping at Roamans and Lane Bryant - same thing happened with them.

I believe this is caused by timidity. The stores are fearful of any kind of loss, so they do a projection for the quantity of any item they anticipate selling in, say, three weeks or so, then they order 15% less than that. This results in them not having to deal with any unsold stock, but it leaves a lot of consumers dissatissfied. Namely me! However, I really haven't had this problem when shopping at Target.com. They always seem to maintain adequate stock on hand - it's as if they decide what they plan on carrying, and then maintain the stock for each of their lines. I like that. I like it a lot!

So, that's my shopping recommendation for today. More news tomorrow, I hope.

No comments: